WooCommerce has come a LONG way in a short time. Once just a simple WordPress plug-in, it has evolved into much more and is now owned by the parent company of WordPress, Automatic. While not a shopping cart that you want to maintain on your own, when partnered with the right developer (like us!) it can be an extremely powerful platform.
WooCommerce is best for:
- Sites that are content-heavy, which lends itself well to the WordPress platform
- Store owner that like to have full control over the display of each page on the site with the ability to add complex layouts
- Stores that want to utilize photo galleries, custom forms, polls or other features that can be accomplished with a WordPress plug-in
- Existing WordPress sites that want to add e-commerce
- Stores that require custom functionality not found in other carts
WooCommerce is NOT a suitable fit for:
- Extremely busy sites
- Store owners that want to maintain their site themselves without a developer
- Store owners that are not comfortable with WordPress
- Store owners that don’t want to deal with PCI Compliance
- Stores that don’t have much content and just do e-commerce
Why you need a WooCommerce Developer
While WooCommerce sounds like it is just a simple WordPress plug-in, it isn’t quite as easy as they make it sound. You’ll need to partner with a developer to handle both the initial setup and continuing maintenance. Just a few of the things that we take care of for you:
- PCI Compliant Hosting Setup – this is the backbone your whole site is built on, so it needs to be done right
- PCI Compliant Credit Card Processing – you can’t just plug any old payment gateway in and be compliant
- Plug-In compatibility – plugins often clash with one another and we make sure they all play nice
- Updates – WordPress and plugins are CONSTANTLY updating and we stay on top of this for you
- Site Security – as the most hacked platform on the planet, WordPress needs to be locked down tight
On the design side of things, we can also assist with template and plug-in selection, or, create a completely custom template for your store. if you can imagine it, we can build it!
If you are looking to start a new store using WooCommerce, or an existing WordPress user that wants to add WooCommerce, we can help! We have been building WordPress sites for years (the site you are currently viewing is WordPress) and our development team is intimately familiar with the inner workings of WooCommerce.
We also offer WooCommerce hosting. Let us handle the PCI compliance and server management for you.
Let us know what we can do for you!